Sketchbook Studio’s goal is to provide individuals residing in Suffolk County with quality art instruction for All AGES and ABILITIES.
- Sketchbook Studio offers inclusive classes that will allow students to discover and express their own personal talent in a comfortable relaxed environment.
- The studio offers inclusive group classes as well as one on one instruction.
- Students have fun while actively involved in creating art. Sketchbook Studio art program includes sensory, social and experimental projects. We gradually introduce the elements of design using a large variety of mediums and techniques.
- The visual arts provide an excellent forum for strengthening reasoning, sensory integration, communication and fine motors skills in all students.
- The visual arts are a vital component of a student’s education. Students with learning or social challenges are more capable of learning concepts through art classes; as these students strengths in most cases are predominately visual.
- Every student has natural abilities and talents. Our program will help to develop self reliance, team work and patience during the creative process and will assist in improving a student’s self esteem.
- Sketchbook Studio is an approved provider and participates in the Office of People with Disabilities (OPWDD), Self Directed Service Model.